Your vacation in Moena Val di Fassa Dolomites
How to reach Moena
Main access points to Val di Fassa, coming from the A22 Brennero motorway:
- Ora/Egna exit, S.S. 48 delle Dolomiti – Passo San Lugano – Val di Fiemme – Val di Fassa (distance 45 km) – direction Moena;
- Bolzano Nord exit, S.S. 241 Grande Strada delle Dolomiti – Passo Carezza – Val di Fassa (distance 40 km) – direction Moena.
Other access routes to Val di Fassa:
- from the A27 (Venezia motorway), Belluno/Ponte nelle Alpi exit, then take the S.S. 203 to Agordo and the S.P. 346 to Passo San Pellegrino – direction Moena (Val di Fassa).
Pay attention: part of the town centre in Moena is subject to traffic restrictions. In the high season, additionally, part of the area is turned into a pedestrian zone during scheduled times. For further information and to avoid fines due to traffic offences, contact the tourist office in Moena.
Moena’s centre restricted area zone (ZTL):
- South entrance – coming from the highway and Passo San Pellegrino free entrance to Moena;
- North entrance from Val di Fassa/Bolzano/Passo San Pellegrino: follow Moena centre directions (if coming from Bolzano enter the tunnel following directions for Moena’s centre);
- North entrance (Strada de Cernadoi and Piaz De Ramon) transit in both directions (exit and entry) is forbidden. The traffic is controlled by cameras with optical reading license plates and the violation is sanctioned with an automatic fine sent directly home. In this case, just follow the signs for Moena center and enter from Passo San Pellegrino.
Be careful when driving out of highway A22 Brennero Egna/Ora direction Val di Fiemme-Val di Fassa: mobile-radar speed control devices positioned on the road particularly when approaching the villages.
Driving rules: from the beginning of November to mid April, all vehicles must be equipped with winter tires or have snow chains on board. In Italy, dipped headlights must be used on all out of town roads, during the day, at all times.
Real-time traffic conditions and road information:
- for the province of Trentino, visit the web site “Viaggiare in Trentino“;
- for the province of Bolzano, visit the web site “Centrale viabilità Provincia Autonoma di Bolzano“, section for mountain passes.
Contact our car rental companies, partners of Val di Fassa Tourist Board, which operate with a regular licence.
The closest railway stations are: Trento, Bolzano and Ora. From the train stations daily bus connections to Val di Fassa are provided, managed by the service companies Trentino Trasporti (Trento) and SAD (Bolzano and Ora). Bus tickets can be bought directly on the bus.
Trento central train station
The ticket office is open every day from 6.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m. The local bus network, managed by the bus company Trentino Trasporti, provides a low-cost connection between the train station of Trento and Val di Fassa. The bus departure area is about 50 meters from the railway station. Phone +39 0461 231189.
Luggage and bicycles deposit in the hall of the station (every day 9.00 a.m. – 11.45 a.m. and 11.15 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.). Phone +39 0461 1484954.
Bolzano central train station (recommended stop)
Departure from Bolzano via Passo Costalunga to Vigo di Fassa (6 km from Moena). We offer our guests our free shuttle service transfer from/to Hotel Alle Alpi from/to Vigo di Fassa.
The ticket office is open every day from 6.00 a.m. to 8.50 p.m. The local bus network, managed by the bus company SAD, provides a low-cost connection between the train station of Bolzano and Val di Fassa. The bus departure area is about 100 meters from the railway station. Phone +39 0471 974292.
Luggage and bicycles deposit at track no. 1 (every day 8.30 a.m. – 6.30 p.m.). Phone +39 0471 971733.
Ora train station
The ticket office is open from Monday to Friday from 6.30 a.m. to 10.20 a.m. and from 1.20 p.m. to 4.20 p.m. The local bus network, managed by the bus company SAD, provides a low-cost connection between the train station of Ora and Val di Fassa. The bus departure area is opposite the railway station. Phone +39 0471 810181.
From the train stations you can rent a car or catch a taxi or a bus to Val di Fassa. For further information about these different transport options, please contact our associated taxi companies and car rental companies, partners of the Val di Fassa Tourist Board, which operate with a regular licence.
Trenitalia web site provides detailed information about rail services in Italy and in the provinces of Trento/Bolzano, covering routes, timetables and fares. Info and booking: Travel Agency Viaggi e Vacanze Totali (Strada de la Comunità de Fiem 2, Moena – Phone +39 0462 573399).
Travelling to Moena by coaches
Moena is connected to Trento and Bolzano by an efficient bus service, so you don’t need to travel by car. When you arrive in the valley, you can take public local buses to move comfortably and quickly from one resort to the others. Tickets can be bought directly on the bus. Timetables and bus stops Trentino Trasporti (public bus company operating in the province of Trento)
Regular bus service operated by the bus company Trentino Trasporti in Val di Fassa:
- bus line no. 101 Canazei – Moena – Cavalese – Trento (bus stops in Val di Fassa: Penia, Alba di Canazei, Canazei, Campitello di Fassa, Fontanazzo, Campestrin, Mazzin di Fassa, Pera di Fassa, Pozza di Fassa, S. Giovanni-Vigo di Fassa, Soraga, Moena);
- bus line no. 104 Cavalese – Ora – Trento;
- bus line no. 123 Moena – Passo San Pellegrino – Falcade.
Point of sale:
Bar Gabry (Piaz de Ramon), Moena
Ticket Office Trento, Phone +39 0461 432880 – Web site: www.trentinotrasporti.it
The tickets can be purchased on board with extra charge. Furthermore, it is also possible to buy them by the ticket offices, use th practical APPs OpenMove (single runs also available) and Val di Fassa Guest Card, buy a multi-trip pass, such as the rechargeable value card, available by the Tourist Offices of the valley at the price of 10 € (which can be recharged by the Trentino Trasporti and Trenitalia ticket offices) or by the supermarkets Famiglia Cooperativa/Supermercati Trentini in Moena and Canazei at the price of 11 € (10 € for the fares and 1 € for the rechargeable card ( the card can be recharged by the Trentino Trasporti ticket offices or by the “Cassa Rurale” franchises). It can be used by more than one person at the same time – from 2 to 6; free for children under 6 years.
Dolomiti Bus. Summer line Falcade – Passo Fedaia: tickets can be purchased on board with extra charge, online on the website www.dolomitibus.it or through DolomitiBus APP.
Trentino Trasporti bus timetables in PDF format
Timetables and bus stops SAD (public bus company operating in the province of Bolzano)
Regular bus service operated by the bus company SAD in Val di Fassa:
- bus line no. 180 Pozza di Fassa – Vigo di Fassa – Passo Carezza – Bolzano;
- bus line no. 471 Dolomite passes (Passo Sella, Passo Gardena, Passo Campolongo, Passo Pordoi, Passo Fedaia). ONLY IN SUMMER.
Point of sale:
Ticket Office Cavalese, Phone +39 0462 231421
Ticket Office Bolzano, Phone +39 840 000471 or +39 0471 450111 – Web site: www.sii.bz.it
Tickets can be purchased on board.
SAD bus timetables in PDF format
Coach companies (Autostradale, Brusutti, Lorenzini and Stat)
Weekly connections by coach from and to Italy’s main cities (Milan, Genoa, Venice, Cremona, Parma, Mantua). This service is offered by the following companies: Autostradale, Brusutti, Lorenzini and Stat. For information and reservations please contact:
- Val di Fassa Tourist Office, Phone +39 0462 609600
FLIXBUS – LONG DISTANCE BUS OPERATOR
Daily connections by environmentally friendly coach (day and overnight buses) from Trento and Bolzano to Italy’s and Europe’s main cities. This service is offered by the transport company Flixbus. Info and booking: Travel Agency Viaggi e Vacanze Totali (Strada de la Comunità de Fiem 2, Moena – Phone +39 0462 573399).
The closest airports to Val di Fassa are:
- Bolzano airport – km 40
- Verona Valerio Catullo airport – km 180
- Venice Marco Polo airport – km 175
- Treviso Antonio Canova airport – km 160
- Milan Linate and Milan Malpensa airport – km 350
- Bergamo Orio al Serio airport – km 280
- Innsbruck airport (Austria) – km 190
- Monaco di Baviera airport (Germany) – km 320
From the airports you can rent a car or catch a taxi or a bus to Val di Fassa. For further information about these different transport options, please contact our associated taxi companies and car rental companies, partners of the Val di Fassa Tourist Board, which operate with a regular licence.
See also: Fly Ski Shuttle, winter transfer service from the airports in Milan, Bergamo, Verona, Treviso and Venice.
Info and booking: Travel Agency Viaggi e Vacanze Totali (Strada de la Comunità de Fiem, Moena – Phone +39 0462 573399).
Fly Ski Shuttle (Winter only)
SPECIAL OFFERS Fly Ski Shuttle:
- Repeater -10% discount, if you have been a Flyski-economy customer in the past 2 seasons.
- Online Booking Visittrentino -20% discount, if you book through www.visittrentino.info or Tourist Office web sites.
Offers may be subject to restraints and may not be cumulated.
For more information: Call Center Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 6.00pm – Phone +39 0461 391111, via Vannetti, 31 – 38122 Trento.
DAYS OF SERVICE:
Service working every Saturday and Sunday starting from the 11th of December 2021 to the 3rd of April 2022 plus special runs on Wednesday the 8th of December 2021 and on Thursday the 6th of January 2022 according to the schedules of Saturday.
It is necessary to purchase the ticket online by FRIDAY MORNING (8.00am) of the week of arrival/departure.
PRICES AND CONDITIONS:
⚫ One-way ticket (adult): Euro 35,00
⚫ Round trip ticket (adult): Euro 59,00
⚫ One-way ticket (adult) from/to Milano Malpensa and Linate: Euro 50,00
⚫ Round trip ticket (adult) from/to Milano Malpensa and Linate: Euro 85,00
⚫ One-way ticket (adult) from/to Milano Central Station: Euro 45,00
⚫ Round trip ticket (adult) from/to Milano Central Station: Euro 79,00
⚫ One-way ticket (adult) from/to Trento train station: Euro 15,00
⚫ Round trip ticket (adult) from/to Trento train station: Euro 25,00
⚫ Children 0-7 years old (every paying adult): FOR FREE
⚫ Children 8-11 years old (every paying adult): 50% reduct.
⚫ One hand and one store luggage every paying person: FOR FREE
⚫ Extra luggage: Each way € 10,00
⚫ Ski bags, always extra: Each way € 5,00
⚫ Pets, upon request: Each way € 10,00
⚫ Children’s seat on request if available: FOR FREE
Val di Fassa Guest Card
Val di Fassa Guest Card
After booking at Hotel Alle Alpi Beauty e Relax in Moena, one week before the arrival (on request, even earlier), we will send the email (sender: email@example.com) containing the link for the activation of Val di Fassa Guest Card; after downloading the Trentino Guest Card App and performing all the steps for activating the Card, the “Mobility Pass in Trentino for arrival at destination” can be activated directly from the App. The pass includes discount codes to reach Trentino with FlixBus and MarinoBus and allows Guests during their stay in Trentino to use public transport for free to reach Moena (the pass is valid only on the day of arrival and for journeys with origin and destination in Trentino and must be shown on board the vehicles). Then, to continue traveling freely in Trentino (Trentino Trasporti) for the duration of the holiday, all you have to do is use the App Val di Fassa Guest Card (Trentino Guest Card)> Ticket> Travel on buses and trains> Register to My Trentino Guest Card.
On public transport it is mandatory to respect the minimum safety distance of one meter and to use a face mask.